Tuesday, February 10, 2009

INJURY is why I don't post...

Now I get it. I don't post when I'm hurt, cause there's nothing to write about. That's it...
Seriously, who reads this? Its such a conceited exercise anyway...I'm considering giving it up.
But since I'm writing...the day after I last posted I had a pretty shitty workout. The kind where your breath sort of gets away from you and you never catch it, and then you finish the workout, after not hitting any of your times cause you couldn't catch your breath, and realize you aren't that tired. Cause you never really ran that fast. And of course by then you've caught your breath, and you feel like doing the whole thing over again...
But you don't. Cause that would be stupid.
Funny thing though, it seems bad workouts recently portend good races. Went up to Seattle and ran another 3k at UW, once again, PRed by four seconds, and once again, felt maybe I could have gone faster. Got sixth place, so while I was doing better chasing faster guys, I don't think I pressed hard enough. But, also like last time, I was calm and focused throughout. Can't tell you how good it feels to have that feeling back in a race.
The problem afterwards though was that the race did a number on my left hamstring. The cooldown afterwards was kind of comical, as was my walking for the next day or two. I didn't run again until last Wednesday, and didn't run more than twenty minutes until Saturday. Did 45 minutes that day and Sunday, then an hour today. Checked in with the coach, as I didn't notice it most of the run, but it still bothered me from time to time. We're pressing on anyway. 5k in Seattle on Saturday. I feel another PR coming.

Wednesday, 1/28- Track workout:
warmup
3x mile @4:48, 2 min rest and 1 min rest
(Mistake: did it in regular flats, not spikes)
Actual: 4:49, 4:51, 5:04 and it was worse than that
cool down
Thursday, 1/29-45:43 easy
Friday, 1/30-21:17 easy
Saturday, 1/31-RACE Indoor 3k at Dempsey Indoor on UW campus. 6th place, 8:25.22, 4 second PR
Sunday, 2/1-REST
Monday, 2/2-REST
Tuesday, 2/3-REST
Wednesday, 2/4-27:21 easy
Thursday, 2/5-25:58 easy
Friday, 2/6-26:18 easy
Saturday, 2/7-46:19 easy
Sunday, 2/8-46:18 easy
Monday, 2/9-59:05 easy

(Scheduled: 2/2-workout: 8x400m @64 with negative rest, 2/3 1 hr w/3x3min pickups, 2/4 tempo with alternating 5:30/5min miles)

No comments: